Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Wow, what a whirlwind!

I hope you all survived! I am thrilled i made it through the holidays! While i love every minute of preparations and gift giving, it's very wearing starting Christmas "early" to get ahead in September, then finally finishing up on Christmas Eve. I do it every year! Someday i'll get ahead of the game! I have a long list of posts, so hopefully this will be a good start to show you what i've been up to, and hey, maybe you can get some ideas for next year ;)

Personal Pillow Cases
My Girlfriends Quilt Shop has the cutest, easiest pillowcase kits. I picked up three for my kids and whipped them up in no time! I did a quick decorative stitch down each cuff to personalize them a bit more. The Girls at MGQS even made it more easy by having these cute little tags made up to go with each pillow case. Then, I "dusted them with Christmas Fancy" Of course everything is more special with a little silver glitter spray on them! Oh, and one of my new favorite things (i'm new at this fabric/sewing stuff ;) is saving my selvage edges that i would normally throw away and use them for tying up packages! Save, save, save!! Click the link below for a video tutorial on how to make easy, darling pillow cases from the Kim and Kris, on the DIY Dish!

Easy Pillowcase Video Tutorial











Click the Image to see the poem larger!

1 comment:

  1. Ginger, the decorative stitching you did really made these pop! The fabrics are adorable, too. I want to do this next year.

    ReplyDelete